The Crockett Public Library welcomes and encourages the use of its libraries.
Our resources are available for professional growth, school assignments, individual development, and personal interests.
All library users are asked to assist the staff in maintaining a safe environment conducive to study,
reading, and the gathering of information by observing the following:
• Children under seven years old must be accompanied by an adult.
• Noisy, rowdy, boisterous, and disruptive behavior, including running, fighting and roughhousing, is unacceptable. Individuals or groups may be required to leave.
• Shirts and shoes are required.
• Food, beverages, and smoking in the library are prohibited.
• Interfering with another person's use of the library or with staff's performance of their duties is unacceptable.
• Tables and chairs may not be rearranged. Unoccupied seats are available to any library patron. Chairs are to be occupied by only one person. Sitting on tables or placing of feet on tables is prohibited.
• Playing of audio equipment so that it can be heard by others is prohibited.
• Animals assisting library users with disabilities are permitted in the library. Other animals may not be brought inside.
• Misuse of library rest rooms is prohibited (e.g. using rest rooms as a laundry or bathing facility).
• Destruction or defacement of library materials or property, or any other potentially criminal behavior, will be immediately referred to the police.
• You are advised not to leave handbags, wallets, backpacks, etc. unattended.
• Personal property will not be permitted in the library when, by reason of quantity, or design and use, it interferes with staff's performance of duties or use of the library by others.
Library staff have the authority to enforce these policies. Failure to follow these rules can result in expulsion from the library.
If anyone refuses to leave the library after being requested to do so by staff, staff may contact the Crockett Police and/or parents